Monday, August 8, 2011

Attitude

Grant has one fabulous personality trait that I'd love to have, and that is that he can turn his attitude around in a snap. We can ask him if he wants to go to Great Grandma's house/Farmer's Market/park/showhomes/Moms and Tots/Costco/biking/etc, and sometimes he says No. But once we start the activity, whether it's walking or biking or driving there, he starts talking about what he can bring with him (blue blankie, shopping cart we borrowed from the library, Elmo, juice) - and he is all of a sudden actually looking forward to and enjoying the activity! It's amazing. One second he'll be screaming his lungs out and resisting getting into his carseat, and then we snap the buckle and it's all sunshine and rainbows and he can't wait to take part in whatever we're doing next. I don't know about the rest of you, but I despise being forced to do something I hate and generally can't make myself enjoy it. But the world is so simple to him and he takes delight in everything he does even if he didn't want to do it at first. I'm envious. And I love him for it.


1 comment:

  1. Adorable. I feel this way about Eleanor - I wish I had more of her decisive spunkyness. She knows EXACTLY what she wants, and she wants it in this color, five minutes ago. :o)

    ReplyDelete