Monday, October 6, 2008

Six

It has been an entire summer since I've written! Oops. I was 2 months pregnant at my last post, and am now nearly six. I don't have much to show for it - a tiny little belly, that doesn't have any stretch marks yet, fingers crossed - woo! At our first ultrasound in August, the tech assumed we didn't want to know if it was a boy or girl, but we had one done in Vancouver last Wednesday. Our ultrasound in August was in Lethbridge, since I had heard that the techs in Vancouver wouldn't be willing to tell us if it was a boy or girl (since they are concerned that the Asian community will abort a girl, so have a blanket policy). Which WOULD have been the case if we had gone to an ultrasound here before 20 weeks! But since we went at 24 weeks, they told us it's a boy!!! Probably anyway... they are never 100%, and the baby was sooo uncooperative, makes me think it's a boy (haha). He wouldn't show his face, and was turned upside down and all scrunched up. We were there forever, with me walking around and the tech jiggling my belly trying to get him to move! It is a brat already... boo. Anyway, we've been thinking of names, and our mostly likely one for a boy right now is Grant Michael. Otherwise, I love the name Andrew, and also the name David, although Trevor isn't a big sell on either of those.

What else. Trevor is busy and taking 7 classes this semester. I told him he MUST graduate this year as he is SOOO unhappy while he's attending school. He hates it... hates it hates it hates it. He feels good about himself when he is actually out earning money.

I'm still not working anywhere, and can start collecting maternity EI on November 23rd. I've collected a little bit of EI due to being sick which has helped. So these days I've been watching the last seasons of Gilmore Girls (I can't get enough of the Gilmore dialogue... I desperately wish I could speak like them in real life), playing computer games, and lounging around in my pajamas. It's probably a time in my life when I'm able to put more time into my calling (YW Secretary) than I'll be able to until maybe we retire, so I've been enjoying doing all kinds of things that need to be done with the Young Women's organization.

This weekend I had some people over on Saturday night, and we stayed up late playing Super Mario Bros. and Tetris on my old school 8-bit Nintendo... someday maybe I can get a Super Nintendo... I've never finished Super Mario Bros., but I came so close this weekend! sooo frustrating!

Also, the rain has begun. It has been cloudy/rainy since Thursday, and I won't count on it stopping until May or June. I'm ready for the long winter misery. UGH.

There you have it - my life in a nutshell. Me: sitting around, making dinner for my husband and waiting for baby to arrive.
Husband: Lectures, studying (and napping) in the afternoon, applying for jobs - yes, the companies have October deadlines for new grads.

Right now, Trevor is leaning towards Edmonton for work in May/June - we are not ready to go back to Lethbridge just yet, if that's where we end up.

Also. I am very excited for Calgary to have a temple, and FINALLY found out when/where institute is at UBC. Miss the Institute in Lethbridge terribly! I was so looking forward to getting to go to the married class when I was married!

I have not been eating while typing this, and have gone too long without food. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment