Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Signing

I cannot say enough good things about Grant.  He is the best.  Within the last couple weeks I taught him to sign "love" for "I love you" and he signs it all the time now.  He was upset with me for making him go to bed tonight, and as I was closing the door I said "I love you" and he signed LOVE and said "I love you" - of course it sounds nothing like "I love you", but I know exactly what he's saying.  It was so sweet, particularly because he didn't even want to go to bed at the time.  What a doll!  The first time he signed was probably two weeks ago or less, and it is most certainly the best sign I have ever taught him - because it is so special when he signs it back.  He's a sweetheart.  And - let me take a few moments to brag, because I hardly ever do (I hope) - he puts away his shoes if he spots them out of the closet, he puts his jacket in the closet when we come in from outside, he unloads the silverware (minus the sharp things!) from the dishwasher along with the pots and pans, and will hand me the dishes to put in the cupboard, he takes Rachel's soother or blanket to her if they are anywhere but right on top of her, he "practices" spraying cleaner on the toilet and shower by holding the sprayer and making a "ffft fft" noise (apparently the noise the sprayer makes).  He's so helpful and so hilarious at the same time.  So that's my bragging moment about Grant.  I love him to death, and I never, ever tell people how soon he started sleeping through the night, how agreeable he is, or how smart, clever, wonderful... etc.  What every mom says about their boy.
Wow I sure love him!  He's the best!









2 comments:

  1. What a great post, Skye :) It would just melt my heart to have Gwen sign "I love you." You are so blessed to have such a great and sweet boy! And don't worry, we are all allowed to brag about our babies. And in this case, it is very well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was wonderful to read! Grant's a gem!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete